Mini Eggplants With Tomato Feta Sauce
Popular Recipe - recipes of the cuisine or most house beverage recipes subsequently simple menus. later than Mini Eggplants With Tomato Feta Sauce next other cheap materials. However, later than the right recipes, the recipes can as well as be good. Specialized, easy-to-treat foods of this kind can not and no-one else be served as daily diets, but can furthermore be served for your special hours of daylight and spouse.
Mini Eggplants With Tomato Feta SauceWhen you want to go to the restaurant why attain not you try to create yourself at home, try you create the menu under most likely the delicacy is not much interchange from the expensive restaurant besides the affair it's not less delicious than the restaurant, the cuisine itself proved more able closer to your link later your spouse and associates
Mini Eggplants with Tomato Feta Sauce
By: Vanessa Kolovos Kartas via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Mini Eggplants with Tomato Feta Sauce:
- 20 mini eggplants (approximately)
- 1 1/2 cups grated fresh tomatoes or slightly more
- 2 tsp. Tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp. Sugar (approximately)
- 4 tbs. cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves finely diced
- 1 tbs. Fresh basil chopped
- 1 tbs. Fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 tbs. Fresh thyme chopped
- to taste Salt and pepper
- 1/2-3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Method for "Mini Eggplants with Tomato Feta Sauce":
- Preheat oven to 400F or 200C on regular bake or convection bake if available. Cut stems off eggplants. Cut bigger ones in half leaving smaller ones whole. Line a shallow baking pan with parchment paper. Toss eggplants with with half the olive oil and lightly season with salt and pepper. Place on pan cut side down. Bake on lower rack for approximately 8 - 10 minutes or until fork tender. Do not over cook. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Grate tomatoes,measure approximately 1 1/2 cups or slightly more, chop herbs and finely dice garlic. Crumble or grate feta cheese into bowl. Set these aside. Cut extra herbs and reserve separately to use for garnish.
- In a large skillet. Heat olive oil on medium high heat. Stir in garlic and immediately add tomatoes. Simmer for half minute than stir in tomato paste, sugar, salt, pepper and herbs. Continue simmering until sauce has just thickened. Test for salt and add more if needed. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place half the roasted eggplants onto platter. Top with half of sauce and feta cheese. Place remainder of eggplants and finish with remainder if sauce and feta. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and garnish with reserved chopped fresh herbs. ENJOY!
- Larger eggplants can also be used. Dice into even chunks and proceed with recipe.