Green Lentil-Rice With Yogurt Sauce
Popular Recipe - recipes of the cuisine or most house beverage recipes like easy menus. in the manner of Green Lentil-Rice With Yogurt Sauce in imitation of additional cheap materials. However, similar to the right recipes, the recipes can next be good. Specialized, easy-to-treat foods of this nice can not isolated be served as daily diets, but can also be served for your special daylight and spouse.
Green Lentil-Rice With Yogurt SauceWhen you want to go to the restaurant why accomplish not you attempt to create yourself at home, try you create the menu under most likely the delicacy is not much alternating from the expensive restaurant moreover the affair it's not less savory than the restaurant, the cuisine itself proved more skillful closer to your connection next your spouse and associates
Green Lentil-Rice with Yogurt Sauce
By: spiceinthebox via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Green Lentil-Rice with Yogurt Sauce:
- Rice and Lentils:
- 2 Pound Onions, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/4 Cup Green Lentils, Rinsed
- 1 1/4 Cup Basmati Rice
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- to taste Salt and Pepper
- Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 Cup Whole-milk yogurt
- 2 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic minced
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
Method for "Green Lentil-Rice with Yogurt Sauce":
- Yogurt Sauce: Whisk all the ingredients together in bowl and refrigerate until serving time.
- Cook onions and oil on a large non stick pan over high heat, stirring often, until golden brown in color. It will take about 25-30 minutes. Drain onions in colander set in large bowl, reserving 3 tbs oil. Transfer onions to paper towel-lined baking sheet.
- Simultaneously, bring lentils, 4 cups water and 1 tsp salt to boil in medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook until lentils are tender, 15 to 17 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- While onions and lentils cook, place rice in medium bowl, add hot water to cover by 2 inches and let stand for 15 minutes. Using hands, gently wash grains to release excess starch. Carefully pour off water. Repeat adding and poring off cold water 4 to 5 times until water runs almost clear.Drain rice in fine-mesh strainer.
- Heat 3 tbs reserved onion oil, garlic, coriander, cumin,cinnamon, Garam Masala, pepper and chili powder in same pan over medium heat until fragrant about 2 minutes. Stir in rice and cook, stirring occasionally until edges of rice begin to turn translucent for about 3 minutes. Stir in 2 1/4 cups water, sugar and salt to taste and bring to boil.
- Stir in lentils, reduce heat to low, cover and cook until all liquid is absorbed about 12 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat, lay clean folded dish towel underneath lid, and let sit for 10 minutes. Fluff rice and lentils with fork and half of onions. Transfer to serving platter and top with remaining onions.and Serve with yogurt sauce