Popular Recipe - recipes of the cuisine or most house drink recipes past easy menus. following Rice-ah-Roni taking into account other cheap materials. However, past the right recipes, the recipes can also be good. Specialized, easy-to-treat foods of this kind can not abandoned be served as daily diets, but can moreover be served for your special hours of daylight and spouse.
Rice-ah-RoniWhen you want to go to the restaurant why complete not you try to create yourself at home, try you make the menu under most likely the delicacy is not much every other from the expensive restaurant moreover the affair it's not less savory than the restaurant, the cuisine itself proved more nimble closer to your association later than your spouse and intimates
By: Christina via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Rice-ah-Roni:
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup orzo pasta (or broken up spaghetti would be fine)
- 1 cup long grain white rice (I use Jasmine rice)
- 3 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. paprika, dry mustard, cayenne, turmeric, coriander
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
Method for "Rice-ah-Roni":
- Heat the butter over med-high heat in a large, deep skillet with a tight fitting lid. Once it's melted, add the onion and the orzo. Cook, stirring often, until the onion is translucent and the orzo has begun to turn golden.
- Stir in the seasonings (except for the parsley) and the rice. Cook and stir for another minute or so. Then add in the broth and let it come to a boil.
- Place the lid on and turn the heat to low. Let this cook, covered, without lifting the lid for 17 minutes. Then turn off the heat, but leave the skillet undisturbed with the lid still on for an additional 5 minutes.
- After the 5 minutes are up, remove the lid, add the parsley and fluff with a fork. Serve immediately and enjoy!